To provide efficient, effective, timeous, transparent and sound legal services.
- Members of staff within the Ministry
- Heads of Departments
- Ministry of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs
- Civil Service Commission
- Parliament of Zimbabwe
- Civic Society, Regional and International Organizations (ILO, UNDP,IOM, UNICEF,UNHCR,
- National Employment Councils
- Public Service Associations
- Human Rights Commission
Legal Department Functions:
- Provision of sound legal advice to the Ministry on various legal issues pertaining to the day to day administration of the Ministry.
- Attending to policy formulation in relation to the pieces of legislation under the Ministry and directly liaising with Drafting and taking the bills through the Cabinet Committee on Legislation.
- Thorough examination of legal processes and identifying all legal issues in those documents, and collecting and compiling all facts and evidence relating thereto. Then forwarding such facts and evidence together with the legal documents excluding urgent court processes which should be forwarded immediately upon receipt to the Attorney General's office.
- Keeping abreast of the legislation pertaining to the Ministry and proposing the necessary changes thereto. The legal Advisor in carrying out the above will consult their stakeholder and prepare draft documents which should be forwarded to the Attorney General's office.
- Drafting various legal documents after proper and detailed research.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts entered into between the Ministry and other parties.
- Drafting various legal documents and the necessary cabinet papers in respect of acts administered by the Ministry and submit the drafts for examinations to the Attorney General's office after proper and detailed research.
- Participation in negotiation of international agreements under the guidance of the Attorney General's Office.
- Interpreting and implementing disciplinary regulations.
- Assisting Ministry with drafting of misconduct hearings.
- Ensuring that the legal documents are collected and delivered to the Attorney General's office timeously.
- Parliamentary Liaison role of transmitting all proposals for approval by Cabinet and Parliament.
- Liaising with the Public Agreements Advisory Committee on agreements which require signature by the Minister.
- Preparing all required documentation for ratification, accession of regional or international Treaties/Conventions
- Participating in international and regional fora relating to Ministry's overall functions for deeper appreciation in order to properly advise