Labour market stability and decent Work
Promotion of a Conducive Labour Market Environment, Fair Labour Standards, Labour Productivity and Efficient Employment Placement Services.
The department has five (5) core divisions viz:
- Labour Relations
- National Employment services
- Registration and Processing
- International Relations
- Research, Economics and Statistics
1. Labour Relations
- Receive and resolve labour disputes through Conciliation and Arbitration.
- Process and determine applications to retrench
- Inspect workplaces to check compliance with labour laws.
- Advise employers and workers on labour matters.
2. National Employment Services (NESD)
- Register job seekers
- Place job seekers
- Give Career Guidance and Counselling to students
3. Registration and Processing Division
- Register Labour bodies like Unions, Employers' Associations and Employment Councils.
- Regulate and supervise activities of labour organisations.
- Resolve disputes arising between and within labour organisations.
4. International Relations
- Co-ordinate Zimbabwe's relations on labour matters with regional and international bodies and countries
5. Research, Economics& Statistics
- Conducting surveys on labour market issues.
- Developing and maintaining a labour market information system.
- Compiling and analysing labour market statistics.
- Chairing the Foreign Recruitment Committee.
- Monitoring the transfer of skills by expatriates to local understudies.
- Participating in the Prices Monitoring and Implementation Committee
- Secretariat to the Minister's Policy Planning and Review meetings.
STAKEHOLDERS AND CLIENTS
1. Labour Relations:
- Employers' Associations
2. Registration and Processing:
- Employers' Organisations/Associations
3. International Relations:
- Regional Labour Organisations
- International Labour Organisations
4. National Employment Services Division:
- Job Seekers
5. Research Economics& Statistics:
- Government Ministries